Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Welcome Mat

June 13, 2007

Well, learning to knit socks on circular needles is a bust as far as knitting socks goes. I can see myself using the circulars for turning out sleeves, mittens, gloves, etc. (anything on bamboo circulars size 4 and up. Below size 4 they're just too small and I can't seem to hold them right. It took me about 6 hours to do 2 inches of cuff.

I started a pair of socks using theSchaefer Anne that I bought at Knitty City when the Yarn Harlot came to NY in April. The colorway reminds me of Victorian roses, a sort of Pre-Rafaelite palette, if that makes any sense to anyone but me. I started it on the bus stop with 5 size 1 Brittany double points, knit on the 2 train for a half hour and I finished the cuff and began the baby cable leg. And this from the slowest knitter in the world (I'm in no hurry, thank you)

No comments: